At Women On Air we respect your right to privacy. Any personal data required by Women On Air for the purpose of providing services to you will be held securely and will only be used for the purposes described in this document. Women On Air has never, and will never, sell your data to any third party.
“personal data” is as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) and other applicable European and national privacy legislation and regulations (together the “Data Protection Law”), and is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
“data controller” means the entity which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
“data processor” means the party that processes personal data on behalf of the data controller.
“European Economic Area” or “EEA” means Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway.
“processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction. “Process” and “processing” are interpreted accordingly.
“special categories of personal data” are types of personal data that reveal any of the following information relating to an individual: racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership. Special categories of personal data also include the processing of genetic data, biometric data, health data, data concerning sex life or sexual orientation and any personal data relating to criminal convictions or offences.“The Database” means our public, searchable database of profiles of female experts who have registered with Women on Air. The purpose of the Database is to facilitate contact between those female experts and media organisations.
Collection of personal data
Women On Air is a data controller in respect of personal data collected through our site or during the course of your interactions with us. Women on Air may collect personal data from you in a number of ways:
- Information that you provide to us when registering as a subscriber with Women On Air and/or as a participant in The Database, such as your first name, last name, e-mail address, username and any passwords of your choice.
- Information that you provide to us if you build your profile as a participant in the Database e.g. name, surname, job, company, areas of expertise, where you are based
- Information that you may provide by availing of our services or registering for training courses and/or events.
- Information that you may provide us when joining and supporting our action campaigns, including special categories of personal data such as political opinions or religious or philosophical beliefs. In the limited circumstances where Women On Air collects and processes special categories of personal data, it will ensure that it collects such personal data with your explicit consent and processes such personal data in accordance with Data Protection Law.
- Information that we collect when you visit our website
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Website visitors can submit enquiries by completing enquiry forms or by submitting email enquiries.
- In certain circumstances we may also collect personal data such as name and email address from publicly available sources in connection with our activities and action campaigns.
- Certain personal information is needed to enable Women On Air to provide certain services to you, e.g. if you want to subscribe to our mailing list, we need your email address in order to send you our newsletter and information about our upcoming events. In these circumstances, if an individual does not provide the relevant personal information to Women On Air, Women On Air may not be able to provide its services to the individual. To obtain more information in relation to this, please contact us using the details in the “Contacting Us” section below.
Use of personal data
The personal data that you provide to us may be processed for a number of different reasons:
- To provide you with the services that you have requested i.e. where it is necessary to perform an agreement/contract that we have with you.
- For example, if you register as a participant on our Database, we will need to process your account information and the information on your profile to ensure that broadcasters can contact you.
- Where it is necessary and proportionate to do so for the purposes of our legitimate interests, for example:
- To contact you in relation to our services, events programme, action campaigns, general news from Women On Air and other communications from Women On Air deemed to be of possible interest to you, as an individual and/or company. Such correspondence will always include the facility to unsubscribe.
- To answer your queries.
- To ask you to complete surveys so that we can improve our services.
- To send you important information regarding Women On Air, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- For our internal reporting purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new events, enhancing our website and services, improving our services, and identifying usage trends.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device you are using to access it.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- Where you have given us your consent, for example:
- Where you agree to let us include your details in our promotional campaigns.
- Where you agree to let us give your name and contact information to targets in our action campaigns.
- Where you agree to give us information on your political opinions or religious or philosophical beliefs.
Disclosing personal data
From time to time, Women On Air may disclose personal data to third parties, or allow third parties to access personal data which we process (for example where a law enforcement agency or regulatory authority submits a valid request for access to personal data) and for the purposes of fraud prevention or investigation. We may also disclose personal data to Women On Air’s professional advisors, auditors, technology providers and service providers, such as third parties in connection with the operation and administration of the website and our activities.
Where you register as a participant in the Database, we will publish your name, email address and any other information you choose to provide in your profile on our website. It is up to you how much or how little information you provide. Interested third parties will be more likely to find you if you provide details about your relevant experience, and they will be more likely to contact you if you provide your mobile number, but please note that you are solely responsible for the information you provide and you do so at your own risk. Third parties will be able to contact you by clicking the “Message [Your Name]” button, where they will be directed to a contact form that will be routed to your email address.
With your prior consent, Women On Air may also disclose your name and contact information to people targeted in our action campaigns (e.g. elected officials, decision-makers, journalists, etc.).
International transfers of personal data
From time to time, Women On Air may transfer personal data to countries outside the EEA which may not have the same or equivalent Data Protection Laws. If such transfer occurs, Women On Air will ensure that such processing of your personal data is in compliance with Data Protection Law and, in particular, that appropriate measures are in place, such as entering into Standard Contractual Clauses (as published by the European Commission). For further information about these transfers and to request details of the safeguards in place, please contact us using the details in the “Contacting Us” section below.
Browser information collected on our website
As with any website operator, Women On Air analyses our website logs to constantly improve the value of our website. We use Google Analytics to provide us, and our authorised agents, with real-time and non-real-time reporting of browser accesses to our site. This reporting includes page views, unique views, unique visitors, repeat visitors, frequency of visits, and peak-volume traffic periods.
Accessing and updating your personal data
We reserve the right to refuse to publish content that is:
- Racist, defamatory, abusive, aggressive or violent; or
- Advertising or promotional.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data held by us about you and you also have the right to have such data corrected where it is inaccurate. If you register as a participant on the Database, you should ensure that your profile information is kept up-to-date.
Data Protection Law also provides you with other rights in respect of your personal data, including: the right to erase your personal data (right to be forgotten), the right to restrict processing of your personal data; the right of data portability; and the right of objection.
Where we process personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to further processing at any time.
These rights will be exercisable by you subject to limitations as provided for in Data Protection Law. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contacting Us” section below.
While you may make a complaint in respect of our compliance with Data Protection Law to the Irish Data Protection Commission, we request that you contact us in the first instance to give us the opportunity to address any concerns that you may have.
Retention of personal data
Women on Air will only retain your information for as long as we are required to do so by applicable law and for as long as we need to achieve the purposes outlined above.
Women On Air will retain the information you have provided as long as you remain a subscriber, a participant in The Database or as long as there is another compelling reason for doing so. For example, if it is legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may retain some of your information for a limited period.
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Cookies also help us to gather statistical and analytical information on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website, which helps us to understand how people use our website.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.You may change your cookie preferences or withdraw your consent at any time by simply by deleting all cookies for www.womenonair.ie or by deleting the two specific cookies “CookieConsent” and “CookieConsentBulkTicket”.
|Cookie Name||Provider||Cookie Type||What It’s Used For||Duration|
|_cfduid||womenonair.ie||HTTP||Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.||29 days|
|_abck||list-manage.com||HTTP||Used to detect and defend against replay-cookie-attacks. This cookie is necessary for the security and integrity of the website.||1 year|
|ak_bmsc||campaign-archive.com||HTTP||Used to distinguish between humans and bots. This is beneficial for the website, in order to make valid reports on the use of their website.||1 day|
|ak_bmsc||us18.list-manage.com||HTTP||Used to distinguish between humans and bots. This is beneficial for the website, in order to make valid reports on the use of their website.||1 day|
|bm_sz||list-manage.com||HTTP||Used in context with the website’s BotManager. The BotManager detects, categorizes and compiles reports on potential bots trying to access the website.||1 day|
|CookieConsent||womenonair.ie||HTTP||Stores the user’s cookies consent state for the current domain.||1 year|
|local_storage_support_test||twitter.com||HTML||Used in context with the local storage function in the browser. This function allows the website to load faster by pre-loading certain procedures.||Persistent|
|rc::a||google.com||HTML||Used to distinguish between humans and bots. This is beneficial for the website, in order to make valid reports on the use of their website.||Persistent|
|rc::b||google.com||HTML||Used to distinguish between humans and bots.||Session|
|rc::c||google.com||HTML||Used to distinguish between humans and bots.||Session|
|_AVESTA_ENVIRONMENT||eepurl.com||HTTP||This cookie is set when the user subscribes to an email service from MailChimp.||Session|
|_AVESTA_ENVIRONMENT||us7.campaign-archive.com||HTTP||This cookie is set when the user subscribes to an email service from MailChimp.||Session|
|_AVESTA_ENVIRONMENT||womenonair.us18.list-manage.com||HTTP||This cookie is set when the user subscribes to an email service from MailChimp.||Session|
|lang||cdn.syndication.twimg.com||HTTP||Remembers the user’s selected language version of the website.||Session|
|_ga||us7.campaign-archive.com||HTTP||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years|
|_ga||womenonair.ie||HTTP||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years|
|_ga||womenonair.us18.list-manage.com||HTTP||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years|
|_gat||us7.campaign-archive.com||HTTP||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.||1 day|
|_gat||womenonair.ie||HTTP||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.||1 day|
|_gat||womenonair.us18.list-manage.com||HTTP||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.||1 day|
|_gid||us7.campaign-archive.com||HTTP||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||1 day|
|_gid||womenonair.ie||HTTP||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||1 day|
|_gid||womenonair.us18.list-manage.com||HTTP||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||1 day|
|collect||google-analytics.com||Pixel||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behavior. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Session|
|personalization_id||twitter.com||HTTP||This cookie is set by Twitter. The cookie allows the visitor to share content from the website onto their Twitter profile.||2 years|
|_widgetsettings||twitter.com||HTML||Collects data on user behaviour and interaction in order to optimize the website and make advertisement on the website more relevant.||Persistent|
|ads/ga-audiences||google.com||Pixel||Used by Google AdWords to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitor’s online behaviour across websites.||Session|
|i/jot||twitter.com||Pixel||Sets a unique ID for the visitor, that allows third party advertisers to target the visitor with relevant advertisement. This pairing service is provided by third party advertisement hubs, which facilitates real-time bidding for advertisers.||Session|
|NID||google.com||HTTP||Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user’s device. The ID is used for targeted ads.||6 months|
We undertake to hold any personal data provided by you in confidence and in accordance with Data Protection Law. Accordingly, we have technical and organisational measures in place to protect personal data from unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, change, disclosure, acquisition or access. Personal data is held securely using a range of security measures including, as appropriate, physical measures, IT measures such as encryption, and restricted access through approvals and passwords.
The GDPR obliges Women On Air acting as data controller to notify the Data Protection Commission and affected data subjects in the case of certain types of personal data security breaches. Any personal data security breaches identified in respect of personal data controlled by Women On Air will be dealt with in accordance with Data Protection Law.
The nature of the internet is such that there is no guarantee or warranty in relation to the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Links to external websites
Some sections of the Women On Air website provides links to external websites. These are clearly identifiable as such. Such websites are subject to their own privacy policies and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these third-party websites.
Collection of data from children
Our website and services are not directed towards individuals under the age of 16, and we request that these individuals do not provide personal data to Women On Air. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children.
UPDATED: 6 OCTOBER 2020