PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
- These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.womenonair.ie (“our site”), which is operated by Women on Air CLG (“we” or “us”).
- We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect our users’ needs and our priorities.
- Our site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- Acceptable Use Policy
- This section sets out the content standards that apply when you register interest or otherwise upload content to our site, make contact with Contributors, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way.
- You agree to use the site only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe other persons’ rights or limit or hinder anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the site.
- This section sets out the contribution and submission standards that apply when you register to join or otherwise upload content to our site, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way.
- Prohibited uses
You may not use our site:
- To impersonate experts, broadcasters or others.
- To harass or abuse experts, broadcasters or others.
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our contribution and submission standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Contribution Standards
These standards apply to any and all material which you submit to our site, whether you are registering as a Contributor, contacting us or a Contributor, or updating your profile as a Contributor.
Women on Air will determine, in its discretion, whether a contribution breaches these standards.
A contribution must:
- be accurate (where it states facts).
- comply with the law applicable in Ireland and in any country from which it is posted.
A contribution must not be:
- defamatory of any person.
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- promote violence.
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
- be likely to deceive any person.
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- promote any illegal activity.
- be in contempt of court.
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
- Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of our Acceptable Use Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Deletion of your profile/contribution.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above and we may take any other actions we reasonably deem appropriate.
If you perceive any contribution to be contrary to these rules, please email [email protected]
- How you can use material on our site
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You must not extract, reuse or reproduce any of the content on our site, in whole or part, for the purposes of creating any database. You are permitted to use content on our site solely for the purposes permitted by section 6 of these terms. You must not use any part of the content on our site for other purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- Our status (and that of any identified Contributor) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
- The views of individual users of the site or Contributors expressed are those of members of the public and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Women on Air or its members.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for (i) your professional use for purposes in connection with contacting Contributors in relation to broadcast media appearances, or (ii) educational research or private study purposes, and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- By signing up as a Contributor on our site, Women on Air makes no promises, assurances or guarantees that your profile will be viewed by a user of our site, including any representatives of broadcast media outlets. Women on Air has no obligation to promote a Contributor’s profile or assist a Contributor in contacting or being contacted by representatives of broadcast media outlets.
- Women on Air shall moreover not be liable for any indirect or consequential damages, including any loss of profit.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date. Our Contributors are responsible for keeping their own profiles up-to-date, and Women on Air shall not be responsible for any misrepresentations by a Contributor (as to their experience or otherwise).
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- The disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability provided above shall be interpreted in a manner that, to the extent possible, most closely approximates an absolute disclaimer and waiver of all liability.
- How we may use your personal information
- How we may use your personal information
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to contribute or submit information to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy above.
- You warrant that any such contribution or submission complies with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- All requests to register as a Contributor are reviewed by Women on Air. Women on Air does not review the profiles of approved Contributors, but reserves the right to take any of the actions specified in our Acceptable Use Policy if they do not meet our standards.
- You retain all of your ownership rights in your content but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties (subject at all times to the safeguards outlined in our Privacy Statement). The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload section below.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their right to privacy.
- Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
You continue to own the content and information that you contribute to our site. However, by uploading a profile or otherwise submitting a contribution, you grant us the following rights to use this content:
LICENCES GRANTED TO THE WEBSITE OWNER
- You grant Women on Air the right to use, store, copy, distribute, and publish your contribution to the site, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others.
LICENCES GRANTED TO OTHER USERS OF THE SITE OR TO THIRD PARTIES
- You grant other users of this site the right to access, share, and use your contribution for the purposes of contacting you in relation to appearances on broadcast media.
- Intellectual Property Rights and Use of Website Content
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the contribution and submission standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy above.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact [email protected].
- Viruses, Bugs and Malware
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- Governing law